Olive Python owner by proxy. Sleeping concerns.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Nigini. (Olive Python) used to sleep in his rock hide ( first two weeks ) now he does not use it anymore and sleeps at the back of it or on top, any reason for this or is he just doing what Pythons do?? Ps it is big enough for him. Cheers guys and. Sorry if you think these are silly questions but believe me there not to me has any different behavior can be a cause for discern. Regards Joe

Just doing what pythons do. :D If its in the warm end, he just may not need the extra warmth, if its in the cool end, he may not need to cool. I wouldnt stress too much.

No worries. I have hides in both the cool & warm ends & IF Matilda chooses to come down from her branches she takes to the warm hide.....mind you this doesnt happen often, usually only when she is in shed.

May be to do with thermoregulation as others have suggested; could also be he is now feeling more comfortable with his new surroundings and not so threatened by people walking past the cage all the time anymore; ie doesn't feel the need to hide all the time.

Contrary to expectation, my stimmie hardly ever used her hides when I first got her, even though she had one at both ends. It sounds perfectly normal to me. Hopefully, as Saratoga suggested, it means you have a snake that will be comfortable around people.

my 2 olives have hides in both ends and often swap from one to another . during the day they are rarely out, but once nighttime comes they are one the move and dont stop for majority of the night.
i guess its just like us in a house, one night we sit in one loungeroom, the next night we sit in the family room. maybe they like a change too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back