One hit wonders ...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on a more serious note.

Ugly Kid Joe - Cats in the cradle (i think its a good version of the harry chaplin song)

My Sharona has to be the best one hit wonder ever...

Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart?
My Sharona was the first one I thought of ..you can listen to it ...

Dead or alive version of spin me round ...:lol::lol:

Slice of Heaven, Dave Dobbyn and the Herbs.

That was also the only song they ever did together...Dave Dobyn has had an illustrious career in NZ - maybe one hit wonder for Australia, but he really is NZs first most popular folk artist.

Though Flight of the Conchords are New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo.

The real one hit wonder that I can think of is...

Del the Funky Homosapien with Mistadobalina... Mistadobalina Mistabobdobalina Mistabobdobalina

Last edited:
on a more serious note.

Ugly Kid Joe - Cats in the cradle (i think its a good version of the harry chaplin song)

They weren't one hit wonders.....more like 2 :lol: I Hate Everything About You was the other one.

I haven't heard Ca Plan Pour Moi in years! Rick Astley is a freakin' god and I won't hear of anyone saying otherwise....there are a couple of other Dead or Alive songs I like RBB and I'm not thanking you for having Counting the Beat stuck in my head now :shock:

The Never Ending Story by Limhal. Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot.

I could go on forever...

That was also the only song they ever did together... The Herbs also released a song for Once Were Warriors - What's The Time. Dave Dobyn has had an illustrious career in NZ - maybe one hit wonder for Australia, but he really is NZs first most popular folk artist.

Though Flight of the Conchords are New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo.

The real one hit wonder that I can think of is...

Del the Funky Homosapien with Mistadobalina... Mistadobalina Mistabobdobalina Mistabobdobalina

I'm scared you know that much about them....:lol:

Oh dear god that's an awful song, there's not much funky about Del....

Cantaloop by Us3....

Oh I got it now.....

Informer by Snow

I'm so embarrassed I know this one off the top of my head but RBB....it was Yazz and the Plastic Population. Yazoo was Alison Moyet and some other guy Only You was one of their songs.

Oh dear....

I'm scared you know that much about them....:lol:

Oh dear god that's an awful song, there's not much funky about Del....

Cantaloop by Us3....

Oh I got it now.....

Informer by Snow

I am a kiwi - well duh :p

I got it wrong tho - it's a shame your quote quotes me incorrectly - now the world will know I am a fake and a fraud.... It was South Side of Bombay (a real one hit wonder) that sung the song What's the Time Mr Wolf - NOT The Herbs as I originally thought.

But for one hit wonders, that song, Slice of Heaven is pretty awesome, it gets played in Australia on the radio more times that I EVER heard it in NZ!

I didn't know you were a sheep sha.....nvm.

Aww what a shame. liked that song though, don't know why but it's catchy.

my god! nobody has said this yet
Rick astley, wait for it..............................................never gonna give you up XP

2282655473_4565b351fb.jpg

Mambo No. 5- Lou Bega (think he's American)

Blue- Eiffel 65 (European, but dunno which country)

Not everyone ( well everyone that knows this band anyway :)) will think they are a one hit wonder but imo they are and this is the only song of theirs i like :D
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U5HpeA_WSo&feature=related

And maybe this one: Psychedelic Furs
[video=youtube;-P09gm_I5RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P09gm_I5RI[/video] ( Though pretty in pink is okay......)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back