Opinions and Polls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamh

Reaction score
I've been thinking over the 'Shocked' post which by the way pulled nearly 300 views - a very popular mostly passive forum. Anyway I think I agree with something that Popp said. There are times when someone will have a question that they want to get basically a yes/no answer to but may want a bit of factual info for clarification (i.e. no opinions).

Maybe we could look at a kind of cut down forum/poll hybrid in which no emotion was allowed in the question - maybe a kind of template that allowed the question to be stated and a small response with a series of check boxes next to a few predefined answers.

e.g.......
I use Breeders Choice for substrate for my snakes and have found staples, bits of plastic and other foreign bodies in it.

Has anyone else......................[]
Is this a problem for you......... []
Should we discuss this..............[]

other comment [...............................................................................]
[...............................................................................]

Having looked through the poll system it looks very similar in structure with the main difference being that you can only display one poll at a time on the front page.

What do you think :

Is it worth doing ................[]
Is there a better alternative []
Does it need discussion ......[]
Is it possible?????????............

G
---------------- 8)

We have a pefrectly good polling system in the forums already. If you want, use it :)

Thing is forums like this are "public" and as such you get all sorts of views being put forward.The information that people put forward can be taken as true or dismissed entirely,its totally up to the person who is asking for info/ideas or whatever.
Everyone who contributes to forums do so to try and help others and as such should be commended for passing on their experiences,ideas and anything else that they think may be useful(wether it is or not)..
Bottom line is wether a direct question is asked or personel experiences requested doesn't really matter.
The thing to remember is that everyone who contributes does so for the sole intention of trying to help others.
I didn't put this string in the thread to generate any comment but rather to try and get others to think that most of the info posted in this comm is done so with the very best intentions at heart(including this one).
One thing that I do know from first hand experience is that "flaming" for whatever reason can destroy a comm quicker than a lot of people would think.Its up to the members to keep comms like this going in the spirit they were intended to be in.

anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

cheers :)

Well said Fangs - If anything I've said has been taken in a way that upsets or 'fires up' anyone then my apologies - certainly wasn't meant that way.

G 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back