Orange Sided Bluey at Home

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a picture of a beautiful bluetongue lizard some time ago. It had orange on its sides. I hadn't seen this before in an eastern blue tongue.

Ever since th3en I have tried to find some to purchase.

So you could imagine my delight when I came home this afternoon to a pleasant little surprise at the front door.

Now the question is.... Does feeding a wild repitle in a very regular basis in my back yeard constitute "interferring with a wid animal" under NPWS rules.

Thankfully my dogs don't attack blueys and I have determined that this guy actually lives under a deck off th eside of my house.

sorry to Pugsly & Possum that you missed him this morning.

talking about blueys i found one in the gym this mornig when i was trainin it wasnt the normal sort of bluey either it was a different sort cant think of the name now now he was big and when i picked him up he was very cranky hahahaha so i just put him over the fence into the bush hope he goes welll and stays out of the gym its no place for lizards hahaha

Don't feed it, there is no need and you don't want it to become dependant on you, it'll cope without handouts. Speaking of those types of Blueys, I have a similar pair that dropped a litter of 12, but freight would make it pointless for some common Bluey's.

hey i founbd out what i caught at the gym pete it was a Alpine/ Highland Blotched Bluey i have never seen them befor around here but hey who knows

Fantastic Al. Now join wires ro someone, hand it in to yourself, rehabilitate it and then you can't release it because it certainly didn't come from here.

and Dicco. I will be in Qld in a few months. I would love a couple of those blueys.

and as for feeding. I guess he/she will stay anyway, they are territorial aren't they?

And I have also found a complete colony of eastern water skinks living in my house and my enclosure!!!

i found a juvenile bluey in the seven hills area of sydney which had quiet a lot of orange

I've got one that looks similar..He's usually a bit brighter.

aam.sized.jpg

Wow they look like the same lizard!

Im sure you can find some around pete, as for not seeing him this morning, well I couldnt see much this morning anyway, my head is still sore! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back