Overheating question??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glacey

Reaction score
Just a quick question in regards to pythons possibly overheating on hot days. It's been fairly hot here today and although I run air con where the snakes are kept - a power outage could easily see their enclosures top 40 degrees.......could a 'one off' have a long term effect or mess up a cooling cycle? This is something that concerns me as the house is an oven if the power is cut.

Thanks in advance

It provides a reasonably temp regulated area for them all year round. Yours are hatchies from reptile shed? They have nice ones there eh!

On really hot days i put frozen bottles of water in the cages that cools them down a bit.

Got a 3 year old from there and a similiar sized carpet from another breeder. The one I got from Rep shed was pretty much his first sale mid last year - the hatchlings weren't being sold at that stage.

Very impressive set up............always good to support someone who sees it as more than a money making scheme.

My previous dealings were with a large dealer in Melb - very different attitude to the animals. They were quite happy to admit that they were feeding their coastals just enough to stay alive as they are easier to sell if smaller!

40 C is not pleasant for diamonds. If they have to stay in 40 heat to long, you can loose them.
If the temperature is going ower 35c I would remove your diamond pythons from cage and put them to cooler place in plastic container during afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back