Paraffin Liquid??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beknluke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have a beardie who is well and truly believed to be 'blocked up'. I have tried changing his diet, egg yolk, and even gave him one dose of Mutton Bird Oil.
None of the above have worked and I would like to try this but would like to know if anyone has had experience with using the product, and what dosages I should use.
Cheers
Bex

Paraffin liquid? my only experience with that stuff was when i was doing this stuff (see below)
I hope it's not the same!

P1000501.jpg

-H

Nope
Think 'constipation' or 'laxatives'
That's more what I'm talking about ;)
Thanks anyway
Bex

I've used it for a storr's monitor that had a sand blockage. I used 0.1ml every second day aswell as injecting it into pinkie mice and feeding them.

cheers Ben

Nephrurus if parrafin had that effect on something I don't think constipation would be much of a problem, maybe the opposite.

Check for doseages with geckodan as he is the lizard-man.

I have used liquid parafin before many years ago, seemed to work quite well.
You can obtain it from a pharmacy.
As above, check dosage rates.

Good luck, I hope it works for your little beardie.

Regards
Neil

I have read the instructions n the bottle - 15ml up to twice daily for an adult human.
After a bit of calculating and estimation, I have worked out that .1ml should do for 500g and he's about 390g. So I dosed him last night and will do so again today.
Thanks guys
Bex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back