• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parrot And Cage For Sale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLANA

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have for sale a beautiful Male Alexandra Parrot. His name is Tiko and he is mature enough to breed with. I'm not sure of his exact age but he only just recently got his ring so I'm guessing around the 18month old mark. Tiko was orrigionally a inside bird and was very tame, he has recently spent the last 2months outside and hasn't had as much attention so has become a little shy and has started a little bit of biting. He more try's to give you a scare than anything. Tiko does talk says hello and a couple of naughty words (thanks to visitors) but he's also started saying a lot of sentences that I can't quite make out yet. He loves to dance and talk to you, and when he's out of his cage he does not try to bite at all and will happily sit on your hand or shoulder, he is also very gentle when taking food from your hands. I really belive with a bit more attention Tiko will make a great family pet, I also think that he's only got a bit cranky because he was shoved outside and isn't happy about it. Included in the price is his cage that I only purchase 3months ago. Tiko cost me $500 and was sold to me as a 7month old bird although I have only had him a couple of months and he already has his ring (they lied). His cage cost me $300 brand new. I'm asking $600ono for the lot, or I will swap for snakes of interest. I will also consider seperating the bird from the cage but oviously bird must sell first. Any inquiring please email me at [email protected] or send a PM or post on this thread.

I will only sell Tiko to a good home. He will make a great house pet or a breeder, will also consider sending him to other states as long as buyer pays for freight.

Please ignore dates on photo's as pics were taken today, camera date just not working properly. I took pics of him outside his cage to prove he does come out and you are able to easily handle him outside his cage..

PIC_0302.JPG

PIC_0293.JPG

PIC_0287.JPG

PIC_0007.jpg

I also fogot to add that Tiko still has a bit of growing to do

OK, I just did a quick google image search and they look much the same to me. What are the differences ?

Alexandrine has a bigger beak - those pink patches and grow larger. They are also more intelligent imo.
Definately an Alexandrine - and a gorgeous one at that! Great pets :)

Last edited:
If he is still there give me a call on 0412 360 634 anytime

nick

Definitely Alexandrine. As Tenille said, bigger beak, and the red on the shoulder.

:p

Hix

Yep he's still here, and yes he's definetly a Alexandrine Parrot. I used to breed ringnecks and Alexandrines and the Alexandrines are definetly more intellegent. Nearly every Alexandrine I owend could at least say Hello (and they were aviary birds). The ringneck parrots are a lot smaller than tha Alex's and like I said he's still not fully grown as they do get a fair bit bigger than this. The photo's really don't do him justice as he is a flurecent green (really pretty). He is very intellegent parrot and like I said with a bit more attention he will make someone who wants a mate very happy.

has his ring, if they r like the ring necks wouldnt that mean hes around 2-3 years old?

what snakes interest you and where abouts on the sunshine coast are you?...
im in noosa and am interested but only really have carpets and spotteds...
3 carpets (1 striped, 1 hypo, 1 normal), 2 spotteds, breeding pair of netted dragons, a short neck turtle...
thats about all the herps i got

what snakes interest you and where abouts on the sunshine coast are you?...
im in noosa and am interested but only really have carpets and spotteds...
3 carpets (1 striped, 1 hypo, 1 normal), 2 spotteds, breeding pair of netted dragons, a short neck turtle...
thats about all the herps i got

Hi I'm around the caboolture area. If you could show me some pics of your snakes as I'm interested in anything really. Are your spotteds male and female or both the same sex.
Thanks

has his ring, if they r like the ring necks wouldnt that mean hes around 2-3 years old?

Well from my exerience of breeding the alex's and ringnecks I have found that there rings usually appear around the 18month old mark.

Parrot still here if anyone interested I will sell him for $500

alex

would you be interested in swapping for a hatchy black and gold jungle, i have a few you could pic from,
nick 0412 360 634

would you be interested in swapping for a hatchy black and gold jungle, i have a few you could pic from,
nick 0412 360 634

Could you post some pics please, also what age are they thanks:D

Tiko is now sold:cry: , he has gone to a great new house and owner and I'm sure he will be a very happy parrot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back