PC Parts List

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slip_phreak

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see what the computer savvy people think of my next computer that im planning on building over the next few months.

Motherboard: Asus Blitz Extreme
CPU: Quad Core Pentium Q6600
Ram: DDR3 generic something because DDR3 costs alot lol
GFX: Nvidia 8800gts 320mb (albatron)
HDD: 500gb Sata2 Seagate with 16mbcache etc
All cooled by a Zalman Reservator 2 water cooling unit.

Any suggestions?

Depends on what you're using it for.
For anything less than DX10 gaming, that's overkill.

Like with all upgrades, try and save by keeping things from old machines, like HDDs etc.

I currently have an old S939 mobo running an AMD 3200+, 7600GT graphics card. And 4*512 sticks of DDR memory, and that can play GRAW2 at a tolerable rate.

I'm guessing you meant DDR2 memory?
Also, are you running Vista? How much memory are you planning to buy?

Also, is a 640MB+ 8800 in your price range, as I'd go for that over only 320MB.

8800gtx 768m $649 is the best price i could get which was out of my range at the time and since i already had the 320mb one i am just going to re-use it. I am planning on using it for some pretty intense gaming but im still not sure about the memory if i will go with DDR3 or DDR2. http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/74678/MOTHERBOARD_INTEL_S775/ASUS/BLITZ_EXTREME.asp is a link to see see the motherboard spec's if ur interested.

Im not sure about vista or my total memory probably 2gb worth to start with and go from there.

Fair enough.

OMG that's a nice mobo.

Since S.T.A.L.K.E.R is bundled with it, let's look at the recommended specs:

HIGH SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 2) / Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4
Processor type : Intel Core2 Duo E6700 / AMD 64 X2 5200+
2 GB RAM
10 GB available hard drive space
512 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 / ATI Radeon® X2800
DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL/T1+ speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

Seems to be good enough for stalker. I'm just nto sure about where the CPU stacks up to the E6700. Also, it says 512MB graphics but it should be sufficient.

With the RAM, maybe get DDR2 now, and wait to get DDR3 later.
I only ask about your operating system cause 32x WinXP has a limit as to how much RAM it can recognise. I think it's a total of 4gig, but in most cases it'll only use 3gig. 64bit XP can theoretically support 128gig lol.

Well all that I have to left to say is that I'm mighty jealous, and hope it brings you great joy.

Oh p.s. to see how you stack up against other gamers, look at this survey run by Valve/Steam:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html
You'd be suprised to see how good your PC actually is compared to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back