perenties

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
i must say that the perentie lizard is one of the most impressive reptiles australia has. Just wondering if any members on here keep this giant and if anyone has any pics of their lizard or their set-ups?
cheers james

Danile Cull has the most impressive indoor enclosure in the world that he keeps his perenties in. H eprobably also still has some babies left. You can get all hi scontact details at the Sydney Reptile Centre. There was also a guy at Toongabbie selling one on this site. Plus I am fairly certain that URS has them although maybe Tim was selling his last male??? Tim??? ya there???

snakeitup, if you live in vic you can't have them, you have to go for next best, lacie or croc.

lol thats a good way to put it pete aha, youve got the room out the back near the tennis court pete why dont you get some aha, let them out to find the dogs when they escaped aha

They are Australia's largest lizard but still not that much larger than a lacie. And I courln't keep them outside here because it is too cold otherwise they would already be here mate.

peterjohnson64 said:
They are Australia's largest lizard but still not that much larger than a lacie. And I courln't keep them outside here because it is too cold otherwise they would already be here mate.

Anyone know which of the two (perentie/lacie) are the heaviest? All the perenties I've seen tend to be quite slim, while I have seen some very bulky lacies.

yeah i was browsing through the archieves and could not beleive it, its incredible like something zoos would have.
Thats a bloody shame that us melbourne folk cant keep them, will they ever be allowed to be kept in private collections down here do you think?

comes down to the d.s.e and if anyone is prepared to do the propsal to get the lizard on licence. Would have to be run through the v.h.s as well, and with things like boyds ofrest dragons not on licence i think they would win over trying to get perenties on licence.

If the propsal is excepted it cans till take 24mths to see them appear on licence. i wouldn't rule it out, but i wouldn't hold my breath either. Just get a lacie, almost the same size and can still do some damage, all you need in a reptile hey :)

yeah thats it souly, what were the dimensions of that ridiculously sensational enclosure?

the massive one he has, that looks to be in a garage or something, it has all the universal rocks in it, id love to build something sizey like that for some lacies.

4m x 4m x 2m is the smallest you'd want it to be for a pair............if you do it yourself it wouldn't cost you that much at all.

yeah that would be a good size, im thinking of converting half a shed into an encloure and use those mercury vapour globes as a source of heat, whats a good size cage for hatchling or yearling lacies and how old would they be before it would be time to change them over to there permanent cage?

Daniel Culls enclosure is the siza of a garage. So I guess its 6m x 3m. I currently haev 2 young lacies in a 6 foot x 2 foot x 3 foot high enclosure and the will stay in there until next summer. Then they go into an aviary for another year and will be able to to hibernate for sinter. They will be just under 2 years old when they go into their pit. (I think I have typed this exact post 13 times now - sorry for the repetition)

Hey Pete, "hibernate for sinter"??? How many times have you typed this so far? Haven't caught up with you so far by the way because demand has been so high that I've been run off my feet when I come to town. Hopefully the cooler weather will allow me a bit more time in the next month or two, as sinter arrives...

Cheers, Jamie.

i wouldn't be worrying about perenties if you are allowed to keep crocs down in victoria, you cant have everything you know!
and where are these archives with pictures of the sensational indoor enclosure for the perenties, would love to have a look?
cheers,
bombie

i just read an interesting post regarding afros cage hes building for some perenties that hes getting. i thought perenties were not allowed in melbourne? very confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back