Persuasion to Parents

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah dude if you think chickens and cats are boring your in for a big suprise with a snake. they take several years to get a decent size most of the time they hide (the only time they come out is feeding) and living in Melbourne as well your handling time is actually quite small as they get cold quick here. if you really want an interesting reptile get a bearded dragon (adult) they are fairly active even playful to an extent easy to feed and look after and generally have absoultly no problems being handled you can even leave em on your shoulder as you walk around where with a snake unless your paying attention you can end up with it in the blinds or wrapped around a light fitting or chair and you really dont want to try and get a large snake down from curtains or light fitting specialy if it really doesnt want to come down.

im 15 and i do everything for my snake. it's in my room (seperate from the house) i buy the food, bought the snake, bought the enclosure, used my money to get the licence. it was the only way to convince my parents to let me get one (the promise of hat i am doing now), and the only way for me 2 be allowed any more. find a way to convince them that
a) snakes aren't scary/dangerous
b) you can be responsible for it.
then you should be fine
P.S, the licence can be in the name of a child (anyone over 10), doesn't have to be in a prents name.

Ive finally convince my focals to let me get a snake. Ive wanted one since i was a little kid, now nearly 21.
Not sure what changed there mind, probly maturity or somthing, plus having money to pay for the electrical bill :( lol
Now ive just gotta get some coin together and buy one :)

Best bet is to find a friend who keeps snakes and introduce your olds to snake in person and be persistant, for example when your olds ask what you wanna do , say pet shop! also do your research.
Decide what you want then find out its needs, then get prices for everything you will need. So you can say to your parents.... I want a ....... its gonna cost ....... we are gonna need a ..... and a ....... and they cost .....
And did i mention persistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back