pet for Tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i_LoVe_AnImAlS

Reaction score
hey all,

FROGGIESrCUTEo_0 got me a tank for my birthday last year but i still havn't decided what to put in it anyone got any ideas??

it isn't huge, jess do you remeber how big it is coz i don't??

anyway its a carrying type of one so its mediumish size so if ya got any ideas yer would be nice:D

there we go :D

there not the best pics they were taken on my sisters bed lol. but you get the idea

Attachments

• Kaitlin's Camera Dec-Jan 08-09 180.jpg
    Kaitlin's Camera Dec-Jan 08-09 180.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Kaitlin's Camera Dec-Jan 08-09 182.jpg
    Kaitlin's Camera Dec-Jan 08-09 182.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Kaitlin's Camera Dec-Jan 08-09 183.jpg
    Kaitlin's Camera Dec-Jan 08-09 183.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 121
Small frog, hermit crabs, fish, scorpion?

No good for hermit crabs. Siamese fighting fish would be alright with that! Or a small marbled gecko?

YES!!! a gecko thats what i should get i've always wanted one!!! now to bargain with mum lol

Looks pretty tiny. I suppose you could get some kind of cold water fish as long as you had a filter.
In my opinion no good for hermits, no good for geckos, and no good for bettas (siamese fighting fish), despite all the bull that most pet shops feed you, both male and female bettas don't do well in tiny little unheated areas of water, they are tropical fish. Not to mention it's cruel.

Personally i'd use it to house baby crickets for my beardeds to munch on, but sorry, can't help you.

its round about 28cm by 18cm i think

maybe i can cut 1 side of it and extend it so i can fit a gecko or something !!!! lol nah i will find something.............hopefully

Last edited:
A tarantula? easy to care for, as long as you tape the vents on the lid closed so they dont dry out. Unfortunately there ridiculously expensive. Which is odd considering the ease in breeding them and the amount in the hobby already.

There are several sizes of those plastic critter tanks, so its not obvious which size it is, but I kept 4 Dwarf Tree Frogs in one of those, they are easy and cheap (or in your case, a present, so free!) and can be made to look quite good. If you wanted something slightly bigger but still not too big, go for Dainty tree frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back