Pet Playpen as outdoor enclosure?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe404

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all...

Pet-DMP46-BK-00.jpg

What would this be like as an outdoor enclosure for small Lizards?
Can't be buggered making my own, plus I'm not that 'handy' lol.

High Quality and Strong Steel Frames
Three shapes : Octagon , Square and Rectangle
Non toxic, anti-bite material, 100% safe for small animals
Foldable and Various construction
Easy Access Gate
158 x 158 x 58 cm (D X W X H)

Last edited:
IMO it doesn't really look secure enough, I suppose it depends on what you're going to put in it... Also, they're shifty little buggers, if they can find their way out of a secure enclosure they will... Too many escape routes for me to feel comfortable with putting any of my little ones in there...

That would be fine for the main structure, but you'd definitely want to do a bit of work to it before i would consider it escape proof.

Shinglebacks (and maybe Blueys [or any Medium sized Lizard that would live in harmony together] one day ) would be going in there.
I guess they're not that 'small' a type of a Lizard, but I was meaning compared to say, large monitors.
More like Medium-size now that I think about it,

Last edited:
Pet Playpen as outdoor enclosire?

Would b good for lizards to get outside & catch some rays supervised... How much do the go for?

Pet Playpen as outdoor enclosire?

Damn that's a good price... Cheers for the info....

What about this?

T2eC16FHJGQE9noMZJOBBQkO0Hiyhg60_12.JPG

3 Metre Garden Greenhouse Shed with Mesh Cover
(L x W x H) 300 cm x 200 cm x 190 cm

Would fit quite a few lizards in that. Wonder if they'd get enough UV coming through though...

Should have spoken sooner, I just got rid of about 150 old water tanks that were all sent to the scrap. the 1st enclosure would be fine if you were prepared to dig it into the ground a liitle bit and put a finer mesh or chicken wire around it. I would personally dig up about an inch of dirt so you can lay chicken wire down and then cover it back up with the dirt, this will prevent your lizards from getting out and other things from getting in.

Should have spoken sooner, I just got rid of about 150 old water tanks that were all sent to the scrap.

That is a pity. What were the dimensions of the tanks. Just out of curiousity.

So you guys don't think the Mesh Garden Shed thing would be any good?

I don't really want to have to modify anything. Like I said, not handy at all with tools.

I doubt I'd have to modify anything when it comes to the Garden shed... Just dig a bit out from under it to sink it into the ground. Plus it's a lot bigger than the playpen.

Last edited:
you'd still have to make it escape proof no matter which one you used i think,though it wouldn't be hard to wire up the playpen.. you could also leave the cover off the top of it while you fitted it out with hides,sand,rocks,logs or what ever

Last edited:
Dimensions varied from small 1m radius up to 5m haha they were all dug into the ground and breeding goldfish and attempting to make our own small desalination setup using mangroves.

Unfortunately everything has been scrapped as we plan tosell the land. I think ththere's an old one sitting on the property I am currently renting, I will get measurements and get back to you. If you're interested I can try and contact the owner.

If it's too much trouble don't worry about it.
Then freight would probably be a big issue too.
Might just see if the old man can make something up with me.
Thanks though.

No worries mate, will have a look atleast. Wherabouts in SA are you? I'm in Scott Creek for now.

What about one of the herpariums that Herp Shop is selling?

I picked up a large one for $50 at the VHS Expo, although they are listed as double that on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back