phantom eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishead

Reaction score
Howdy, one of my diamonds laid a couple of weeks ago. I took the eggs that day - it was one of those hot days and she hadn't nested them very well they were kinda scattered about her and she rolled them around when I went to get them so don't know how they are going to go. Most are still alive at this stage though.
Anyway she keeps coiling up where the eggs were and still wont eat. The male that did the business hasn't eaten yet either. Any of you diamond breeders still got breeders there that haven't fed? Am I worrying about nothing? Move her you reckon?
Bye, Steve.

Hey Steve,
Stick her in a new cage and give her old cage a real good clean, i normally move the female into a new cage once she's laid and feed straight away.
If that doesn't work i've heard of people give them a wash to get any egg laying smell off them.

Cheers
Steve.

Fishhead swap her nesting box over or just give it a good clean and give her a couple of days to recover from egg laying and then offer some feed.I've noticed my girls take 1-2 feeds to get enthusiastic about feeding again so i only give small feeds in this period as not to stress their body out to much after egg laying.

congo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back