Phlogius sp. "Goliath"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Got this little girl last week aswell. Australia's largest known species of T, I think they can get up to 9inch poss even more. Only new to the hobby, first specimens brought in to the pet trade was start of this year i think. She's only 70mm so still a little way to go.
DSCF5787.jpg

DSCF5789.jpg

DSCF5790.jpg

DSCF5792.jpg

Are bird eating spiders a type of tarantula or different species, as i know we only have BES not T's??? Pet shops just sell BES as T's...

bird eating spider is just another name for tarantula

They are part of the Tarantula family. Nice pics by the way. Where did you get him from?

this little girl came from steve nunn. Last time i spoke to him he had one of this species left, after that we have to wait for spiderlings at the end of the year as only a limited amount were collected.

Can i ask what you paid for her hornet ? As we just got 3 of them in where i work and i wouldn't mind getting one and finding her a male. We also have bird eaters and i've had a female put away for 6 months and boy is she getting big (i'd like a male for her to).

she was $150 at 70mm, not a cheap species for that size in other species i'd normally pay $50 or so. What species is your big girl?

I don't know anything about spiders, but they are interesting.
How old are they when they can mate? and whats the life expectancy?And what sort of tank do you keep them in and do they need heating??
and how do you sex them?

The phylogius we have are "pq113 blue-legs" $95 each and the bird eaters are $80.
But can't seem to get males.

The phylogius we have are "pq113 blue-legs" $95 each and the bird eaters are $80.
But can't seem to get males.

What species are the bird eaters? I have 5 pq113 so should have a male or 2 in that lot.

I don't know anything about spiders, but they are interesting.
How old are they when they can mate? and whats the life expectancy?And what sort of tank do you keep them in and do they need heating??
and how do you sex them?

Sexual maturity depends on species, sex, feeding, temps and humidity. Some can be mature at 12month, others can take 7yrs. Life expectancy between 7-25, possibly longer, the hobby is only young. I keep slings in deli cups, juvies in chinese containers and adults in plastic fish tanks. No heating up here in qld. Sexing is easy, males are very leggy, color is often different, generally have a small abdomen and have hooks on their palps which are used for depositing sperm.

thanks for that..
Have you been bitten, and does it hurt?
what do you feed them?

I'm working tommorow morning so i'll take the camera with me, She would be from head to tail about 1-1&1/4 inches long and sort of a velvety medium brown colour.

Are any of your spiders able to be handled or is it veiwing only?Are they easy to keep, i know misting is important for high humidity and absorbtion. How often do you have to feed them? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back