Photos (gecko)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well for those of you who may like photography... or just like lookin at photos; heres a couple for ya! took these last night :) Yes, I know the photos are all very similar... but anyway!

not necessarily the best photos in the world but I quite like them. especially the yellowish/orange tint (from the lighting) and the detail, considering this particular gecko was about 7cm in length

First of all... HI FIVE!
22031960iz7.jpg

74834685vi7.jpg

18554234dv5.jpg

25069852tx2.jpg

46367304fh2.jpg

75216482hh8.jpg

Jesus! the arm is AWESOME! How the hell do you get so close!?!?!?!

Thanks guys :)

My friend actually found the gecko

and no, Dan, unfortunately I dont have an SLR so can't change the lenses on my cam; but it does have an incredibly good "super macro" mode which is what I used to get these pics, in addition to using a torch to allow the camera to focus correctly and for the pics to come out sharp.

Anyone guessed how I managed to get the gecko to stay still? (no animal cruelty, nothing close)

Hey there
AWESOME pics you have there... am loving the 1st pic ;) you're very good on the camera :D
Am I able to save the pics for private use to show a couple of friends.?

thanks
Trouble

Correct mckellar, the gecko was dead (as I said, my friend found it, was in her cupboard). When she found it she told me, and when I picked it up I noticed it had a lot of "fluff" in its mouth (you can see some in the pictures; it had a lot more) it had recently lost its tail, was malnourished by the looks and had an abnormal black area on its underside

Trouble, your welcome to use the pictures for private use :)

Edit; I may seem weird taking photos of dead animals, I often do it if I find one (have pictures of dead snakes, geckos etc). I use them to practice (I love photography, and they're an easy subject) and to get high-detail photos which are extremely difficult to get with wild animals

Yup yup :) Now you know why! Was just curious to know if anyone questioned it :)

it AHGasian house gecko its not native and looks like it has red gecko mites if you look at the 2nd pic at its left foot you can see it under the claw juts be carfull shadow if you have geckos that you dont give them to your geckos thay will stress and eventlily kill your geckos the mite is posibley introudced along with the asian house gecko great pic any way shadow

I knew it was a AHG :) the college has swarms of them I swear. I did notice that it had mites, or at least what I thought were mites; had also seen similar "red dots" (mites) on a robust velvet gecko (at home in brissie) and quite a few AHG around the college. I don't keep geckos so don't have the problem of transmitting them :)

That is a good supermacro!

I miss my point and shoot - although my 35mm macro does some wonders these days - but that is just so detailed!

Well done!

thanks guys:)

the camera is a Fuiji Finepix s5700. I've posted pics before on some threads where people wanted recommendations for cameras. at the time, this one cost $400, but now sells for about $250; is a newer model out with 8MP instead of my 7.1 (makes hardly any diff imo)

but excellent camera, easy to use, great point and shoot (the best ive ever used) yet has the capabilities for manual control as well.

I do want a dSLR though, but if ever I can afford one ill still be keeping my s5700

hehe... I said that too - I;ll keep my Point and Shoot cam and use that JUST as much...ya huh... as if :p

I think my ol Olympus is sitting rusting under a pile of clothes somewhere - it was such an awesome camera too!

I personally don't think you get better photos just because you use a dSLR - your photos here prove that. I just think you have more ability to manipulate the situation and with experience can produce some pretty exceptional photos.

But when it goes to posting to the internet - you'll hardly notice the difference between dSLR and PAS.

I'd like to buy another PAS (Olympus only though) so I can prove my theory correct.

Keep up the good photos tho :)

I do have my reasons for wanting a dSLR, and yes I know all too well that its not the camera that makes a great photo, its the way the camera is used. My camera is excellent for a lot of things, but I'd still love to get a SLR; I'm really into photography and enjoy it a lot (as a hobby) and would just like to.. I dont know how to explain it :) expand my horizons and see what I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back