phyllurus platurus

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mach

Not so new Member
Reaction score
help please, my leaf tail just laid an egg how do i incubate it ? any advice?

Ok, grab a chinese container or something similar in size.
Place a 1:1 ratio of vermiculite and water inside. So like 50grams of vermiculite to 50ml of water in the chinese container. Place the eggs inside the mixture (bout the centre of the container), half burry them if possible, making sure you dont rotate the eggs. Then place a piece of glad wrap between the container and lid, and place the lid on.

incubate between 28-30 degree- but if your in NSW you could probably get away with incubating at room temp.

i only have spagnum moss. will this do?

Should be. Never done it with sphagnum though. Run a few searches through the wiki and read what pops up.

If you can't find anything i'd be enclined to do the following with it:
Try and squeeze any excess moisture out of it, place it in a container, placing the eggs inside also. Incubate. If you find that a fine mist is not being developed on the internal sides of the container then you would be wise to add more water until such does occur.

thanks heaps. do you know how long they take to hatch? and can they lay only one or am i waiting for another one

You should be able to tell with leafies. When mine are gravid its clear as day. Have a look, but generally they lay 1-2 eggs. Incubation should be up around 60+days i imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back