Pics: new care animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I went and picked up some new animals to care for today. Two northern brushtails and the cutest baby tawny frog mouth i ever did see.

Here's pics
DSCF5480.jpg

DSCF5478.jpg

DSCF5477.jpg

DSCF5476.jpg

Not the best pics but i was trying not to stress them any more than i had too.

what a cutey! that tawny is awesome cograts i hope they do well for you! :p

Very cool. Are you with W.I.R.E.S. or something?

Very cool. Are you with W.I.R.E.S. or something?

No i'm with wildlife rescure NT. I only do care none of the legal bizzo.

The two brush tails are recovering from surgery and are still quite young, so they are gonna stay for prolly no more than a month just to make sure there are no infections and complications etc. The Tawny we really aren't sure how long it is going to stay because we aren't sure of the age and it has a broken wing and damaged jaw. Could be along time could be a short time, but i would say it will be a minimum 6 weeker.

Tawny Frogmouths are one of my favourite birds. Very cute!

theyre awesome pics, lucky u, i think i should look into doing something like that too,..!!

Good on you for volunteering your time War'. top effort. I wish you the best of luck with your new babies.

Good luck with the healing times!!

And well done on caring for the natives!

Tawnys are cool but like all meat eaters they are high maintenance,demanding ect.
This is one that was bought in a few weeks ago but he has gotten bigger since this pic.
For cuteness you cant go past the sugar gliders,we are looking after a pair of these at the moment .
keep fighting the good fight Gordo

Attachments

• tawny.jpg
    tawny.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 35
theyre awesome pics, lucky u, i think i should look into doing something like that too,..!!
Chris1

We need more people prepared to give up their time for a worthy cause such as our native animals.
You are in the right spot to join Sydney Metropolitan Wildlife and they need as many people as they can get. I joined about 3 months ago and don't know what I did before. It can be that rewarding.

Here is a pic of a boobook owl I was looking after for a little while.
He was concussed and had a sore wing.
Re-released about a week ago.

Attachments

• PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 33
We need more people prepared to give up their time for a worthy cause such as our native animals.
You are in the right spot to join Sydney Metropolitan Wildlife and they need as many people as they can get. I joined about 3 months ago and don't know what I did before. It can be that rewarding.

Do you know how I could get involved in Vic? I've always wanted to help out with natives - I'm a complete sucker for baby possums etc, I would happily feed through the night etc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back