Pics of Loki,Pogona Vitticeps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koubee

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just took some happy snaps of Loki, my little Bearded Dragon. I think it's a boy, but will have to have him sexed. Is he too young to be sexed? He's approx 5months. He also seems to be changing colour, getting lots of nice tan.

How big is he Koubee? Do you have a pic that can give us an idea of his size? I think to sex him will depend on his size more than age. Not completely sure though.

he is 18cm in total length, hope that helps, didn't realise the second pic was so big, sorry.

i've not had much to do with lizzards but he is a lovley looking reptile :) you've done well :)

Thanks guys, he is pretty awesome, any know anything about sexing them at this age?

Hey Koubee, are you sure he is only 15cm? I have one here that is about 6 weeks old and it is 17cm in total length from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail.

ok i measured him and he's 22cm long, i was told he was only about 4mths when i got him, i've had him for nearly a month.

By his age you should be able to sex him. It's all just in minature. As long as the males hemipenal bulges are apparent, you can guarantee that it's a male. However, if it looks like a female, you can't guarantee that until they're much older. (I have personal experience with a female becoming a male at about 12mths :shock: )
Good luck :)
Bex

it looks like he has the hemipenal buldges, but then i'm not 100% sure, anyone local to me who knows, that could come see him and tell me and show me?

I'm in Sunbury koubee - you're more than elcome to come down and I'll show you :)
Bex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back