Pics Of My New Retic (dial up warning)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just picked this guy up yesturday, and he's feeding right away. Fed him a rat first off, then a rabbit. He's got a strong fed response and an evil attitude. He's going to be fun to tame. I don't know about his linage, or locale (if any true locale), but I was told his mother is 22 feet. That makes me think he's Sulawesi, but I can't be sure.

100_2216_003.sized.jpg

100_2218.sized.jpg

100_2220.sized.jpg

100_2222.sized.jpg

Yep this is my first retic. I'm very excited, and I don't know what took me so long to get one. We're hoping to be adding some tigers, super tigers, and albinos soon too. He's pretty small right now, about 5 feet or so. I don't think his previous owner fed him enough. He's had a good feeding between last night and tonight ( adult rat, and 1lbs rabbit). He'll grow like a weed in no time. Taming him will be the hard part. He's vicious as hell. I also think his previous owner was very intimidated by him. Oh well, I don't mind getting bitten :twisted: .

Thanks guys for the complements. I'll post more pictures of him soon.

None. Other than requiring CITIES paper work for all Appendix 1 animals, we're essentially free to have whatever we want.

Thats sounds great I am not wanting to get exotics but it would be great not to have any restrictions
Thanks kevyn you must have a great collection !
Cheers Mick

We've actually thinned it out alot lately, to make room for more giants. We've sold off all our Boas, Ball Pythons, and Spotted Pythons. We're heading into more of the Asian giant pythons, so we need room. Oh and more rooms for lots of hots that we're expecting soon. Just check out my photo gallery if you want. Thanks for the kind words.

None. Other than requiring CITIES paper work for all Appendix 1 animals, we're essentially free to have whatever we want.

I reckon rules such as that would be great In Australia for all the amateur herpetologists. But it would also mean that just any idiot could buy a snake and keep it in a shoebox or release it when it gets too big for them to handle.

that is one awesome looking snake kevyn. when you get those vens make sure you post some pics. get a pic of the teethmarks it leaves on you if you unfortunetly get tagged by it. also if you dont mind me asking what did he/she cost you?

Absolutely gorgeous Kevyn!
I love retics.... update us on how you go getting the little darling to be more sociable.
Congrats!

I reckon rules such as that would be great In Australia for all the amateur herpetologists. But it would also mean that just any idiot could buy a snake and keep it in a shoebox or release it when it gets too big for them to handle.

That's exactly what's been happening in Florida. There are thriving populations now of Retics, Burms, Balls, Nile Monitors, Iguanas, and Boa Constrictors just to name a few. No word on what the ecological effects of this will be.

that is one awesome looking snake kevyn. when you get those vens make sure you post some pics. get a pic of the teethmarks it leaves on you if you unfortunetly get tagged by it. also if you dont mind me asking what did he/she cost you?

I'll post when the hots get here for sure. I can't wait for my Monocle Cobras. I got a great deal on him, he was $200 CND for him and a very large custom enclosure. Thanks again for all the kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back