pics of the new additions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Finally got the tank in place last weekend, i got really burnt washing the gravel btw. the oscars are in and so are the pleckies, all seem happy and are eating and pooing. Dramas abounded, we found a 6x2 stand, had to order it in and when we went to pick it up it hadn't arrived. the owner of the shop called the supplier and told him off, and was so apologetic to us. We said not a prob, we'll pick it up on sunday, then went to leave, i realised i needed some crix and so got my money out, went to the counter and asked for some, tried to give the owner my money to which he said "Nah, take em for us stuffing you around", we'll be doing our fish/herp buying there from now on. Anyway, finally got the stand in place and the boys brought the tank in. it didn't fit. it was about 2mm too long, so chris got out the hammer and chisel and went to work. finally all is in place and hopefully all is well.

Attachments

• oscars1.jpg
    oscars1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 83
  • pleckie1.jpg
    pleckie1.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 81
  • oscars2.jpg
    oscars2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 70
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 89
Very nice jen the red on those oscar's is beautiful,and a great looking pleco.

Nice plec :D They're one of my favourites...How big is it??

Ben

Great work, they should all be happy in there together

I have 2 small oscars, one blue and one red.
The blue one now looks like an albino with black fins
They are in a 3ft tank for the moment without substate

I alos love the pleco's aka waste producing machines, I have a gibbi at home, hes about 15cm so another 20cm or more to grow.

What kind of filter are you using, with those 3 in the the waste is going to be high as awell of the fact that oscar are messy eaters

there are actually 3 pleckies and a gibbi - they are the sailfins yeah? - 2 biggish, one medium and 1 smallish. the biggest plec is about 40cm, while the smallest is about 20. it is a reef filtration system, the one with those black balls with the bacteria, that takes the water out of the tank and showers it over a wad of filter wool. one of the oscars came to me named - Grouch - so i named the other wilde

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back