Pictures/Biggest Mobile Reptile Show/Part 1

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars K

Reaction score
I visited the biggest Mobile reptile show in the world and it was just awesome! ;)
There were lots of venomous snakes etc...and I took a few pics (around 1000 :) ).
So, here are the first pictures.
Hope you like them.
(The rest follows some day :rolleyes: ...if only I wasn't so lazy at the moment...)

African Spurred Tortoise (Geochelone sulcata) babies:

2-1.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

Shield-tailed Agama (Xenagama taylori):

45.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Mohave Rattlesnake (Crotalus scutulatus):

6-2.jpg

7.jpg

Albino Red-eared Slider (Trachemys scripta elegans):

9.jpg

10-3.jpg

Plumed Basilisk (Basiliscus plumifrons) juvenile:

3-3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps):

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Gaboon Viper (Bitis gabonica rhinoceros):

33.jpg

32.jpg

30.jpg

29.jpg

31.jpg

34.jpg

A huge Seychelles Giant Tortoise (Dipsochelys hololissa), around 60 years old and 220 kg (485 lb) light:

14.jpg

22.jpg

Rhinoceros Viper (Bitis nasicornis):

24.jpg

26.jpg

28.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

27-2.jpg

A huge Common Snapping Turtle (Chelydra serpentina):

4-1.jpg

6-3.jpg

9-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

10-4.jpg

They had a big and very active King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) which was in a huge tank:

49.jpg

50.jpg

53.jpg

57.jpg

59.jpg

62.jpg

61.jpg

52.jpg

58.jpg

60.jpg

55.jpg

54.jpg

51.jpg

Mexican Giant Musk Turle (Staurotypus triporcatus):

29-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

25-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

Chinese Stripe-necked Turtle (Ocadia sinensis):

31-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

32-1.jpg

And a lovely and tiny (I didn't resize those pics (portraits) as they nearly show this cutie in life-size) Alligator Snapping Turtle (Macrochelys temminckii):

18.jpg

17.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

14-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

Those vipers look awesome and that last turlte.

You always take some awesome pictures.

thanks for sharing

Fantastic pics! I love the Gaboon vipers - what an amazing pattern.

Thanks Lars, great shots as always. Shame it's mostly those horrible exotics though ;)

Lets go to Germany!!!! Who's with me?

Why don't we have cool exhibits like that here.... :-(

Awesome photos mate! Wish we could get a large exotics show like that here, that would be so awesome. Did they have any pythons/boas?

My favourites from the pics above would be the basilisk, & the vipers, especially the Gaboon Viper, what an awesome pattern.

Hi, those were awesome pics, I also think the gaboon viper is one amazing looking creature. But I really really hope your returned the Alligator Snapping Turtle's 'Hi Five' he had going. Tell me you didn't leave a turtle brother hangin.

Gaz

My guess would be they would use it when they hide in a rocky crevice, it would be like a shield behind them making it almost impossible to get them out.

Wow theirs some bizzare animals their...very nice
I wonder what evolution did to make the Shield-tailed Agama (Xenagama taylori) have such a stumpy tail....?

My guess would be they would use it when they hide in a rocky crevice, it would be like a shield behind them making it almost impossible to get them out.
Pretty simarlar to the spiney tailed monitor,imo.What fantastic photography LARS,

Yes there are many different species of lizard that have the same defences, the African Cordylus, the Spiny Lizards of the United States and the African Uromastyx have all evolved with a similar line of defence although few have taken it to the same extreme as the Xenagama sp.

that tortoise looks so happy..... poor thing.

the rest of the exhibits look great.

Judging by the red glow I would say it is basking, land tortoises often do that.

Xenagama

The Xenagama use their tails to block their burrows, taylori live in sandy soil areas with minimal rocks. I was lucky enough to bring the first live ones out of Somalia into the USA many years ago. They are quite a small spp. X.baterlifera are a bit larger live in hard soil burrows and have a narrower tail. Thus the rounder tail in taylori to block the burrows. At first I thought they were Uromastyx, the first one I got was only a hatchling and the small extension on the tail confused me.

The Cobra got me goin' but that Viper is a pretty incredable looking creature. Rattler is a mean lookin snake, damn, makes me wanna live in Germany:D:D:D:D
Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :)

Did they have any pythons/boas?

Yes, there were a few pythons (pics will come soon), but they only
had a few Boa constrictor's.

But here's a great B. constrictor website. ;)
http://www.boa-constrictors.com/com/com.html

But I really really hope your returned the Alligator Snapping Turtle's 'Hi Five' he had going. Tell me you didn't leave a turtle brother hangin.

Hahaha :D, I totally missed that!!! :oops:

I was too impressed by those mighty jaws! ;)

Judging by the red glow I would say it is basking, land tortoises often do that.

Yes, the tortoise got lots of basking bulbs and was relaxing under those bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back