Pig Nose Turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great to work with adults, they are a very impressive animal. The young ones just seem to be on the go all the time, within about 2 minutes of him going in the tank he was eating bits and pieces off the bottom and always seems to be looking for food.

they have them a the territory wild life park they are very aquatic like a sea turtle they are forever submerged but not really that active a 4000 litre is a bit of overkill fo an adult i would think 70cm across the back (if you have freakishly good husbandry skills) in captivity you are looking at more like 50cms a 8' x3' x2.5' would be heaps for an average adult if you have very good filtration. and good luck they are a beautiful animal.

Attachments

• DSC00786.JPG
    DSC00786.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00787.JPG
    DSC00787.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Thanks guys.
Just a normal turtle set up but they need good strong filtration and plenty of plants to eat.
Waruikazi, I THINK the parents came from the Daly River.
They obviously take more time and resources as they grow but they are very slow growing and will live in a 4 foot tank for quite a few years. It gives me time to set something up for him when bigger :)

Did you buy it from the fella that lives in Humptydoo up here? I was gonna try and get one of his retarded ones for a big pond i have but it gets too cold during the dry.

Yes I bought it from Greg Miles, a fantastic bloke to deal with. He gives you absolutely all the information you could possibly need to keep them healthy. I am looking at an undercover outdoor pond with solar heating, it's a few years off needing it so I have plenty of time to perfect it.

I'd love a piggy but the adult size puts me off them. Lucky bugger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back