Pilbara Trip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just got back from a whirlwind 4 day trip to Newman and beyond.
Pics are here, please feel free to browse.
http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/Boigairregularis/
My biggest surprise of the trip was how stoked I was to spot the pygmy goanna and the gecko and how blase i was about the snakes. I may have to so some gecko herping up here soon.

Some great shots there!
Do you know what sort of goanna it was, looks like a very red tristis or something??

awesome find on the pilbarensis gotta be one of my favourite monitors good onya :) is that and the perentie the only monitors you seen ?

thanks
nathan

I see some Karijini shots there, we may have crossed paths. I just got back on friday.

I forgot to take your mobile number :(
2 monitors, I did not even know the big one was a perentie, are they found near Newman?
I am off my head, the worst part was that Coral bay was packed so we did not even get to stay there, we should have stayed out east for a few days more.

yea mate you do get perenties around newman but they are far more prolific around coral bay and up towards exmouth.
I camped just north of Coral bay as I know a few campsites that many of the tourists dont.

Looks like you had a great trip mags.....you lucky buggar. :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back