Plains rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mozi

Reaction score
Does anyone keep plains rat? Only seen them for sale once in NSW and fell in love with them. Sold out before I got any....if people have them please contact me as I am looking for some and plz I would love to see any photos

what do you class as a 'plain rat'.. colour..? these are super pew x a black normal...

i keep them, great little things, aussie version of hamsters. not as prolific as hopping mice.

some of mine but none for sale for a few mkonths..

Attachments

• plainsrats.jpg
    plainsrats.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 440
  • plainsrats (1).jpg
    plainsrats (1).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 436
Hey they are really cute.....I have kept spinnifex hopping mice for about a year and love them to death....I thought yeah yeah I probably like keeping snakes better but I can't say that now!! I love their quirkiness and how there always into something...the sand is at one end one night and moved to the other the next!! Would love to get the plains rats if I could find them!

This species are almost extinct in the wild. They thrive in feral exclusion zones though like out at Arid Recovery at Roxby Downs.

Cute i could never see a rat as cute, to me all they are either pet food or pests.

Sorry to the rat lovers out there

mate i lived in png for that long and i swear we had alot of these NATIVE animals over there but then again i am currently drunk as hell so dont quote me on that

do you need heat lamps for these rats or spinefex hopping mice? and what substate do you use for both of them and do you keep them in tanks or cages? im thinking of getting some.

photos Pseudomys australis

I can tell you, they are amazing animals! And very cute! I just got them recently. There are very few picture of them you can find on the net, so I am prepared to take a lot more and upload them soon.

Attachments

• morcires.JPG
    morcires.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 168
  • resDSCF2591.JPG
    resDSCF2591.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 145
  • resMM2.jpg
    resMM2.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.