Pleased to announce - 2 new babies in our household - now water in tank or not ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

Reaction score
My wife and I adopted 2 wonderful 5 week old beardies from a very nice lady breeder at Toronto today. Thankyou Irene. :)

Over the moon - very pleased with how alert and active and curious and friendly they are , it's been 3 years since we had a baby / hatchling in the household and my wife is already stoked and in love with the little boy beardie and little girl dragon - I've had to tick her off for picking them up for a nurse on their first day with us - I don't want them to be stressed and am planning only to pick them up to spot clean their rearing tub and to feed them ( in the first week ).

One has already discovered TV , has been watching it ever since we got home.

OK - I know there are two schools of though on having water in the enclosure with beardies - my adults = no water in their enclosures but I do give them water by eyedropper regularly (esp in summer) , and I had water in the rearing tubs when the first 2 were hatchies and juveniles and as far as could tell they had no ill effects (but tended to use the water as their toilet).

So leave fresh water in the rearing tub , or remove it and offer water by misting / eyedropper / or let them drink when they need a bath (ie shedding time or if they have soiled themselves) ? Opinions sort from experienced beardie lovers.

- - - Updated - - -

yes - I will post photos (LOTS of them) you can be assured of that.

- - - Updated - - -

First photos.
1st feeding time with us, diner at 8pm
2z8801t.gif

boy : only ate 2 small crickets , but really loved being handfed bits of buk choi green my wife. He's a livewire , all he wants to climb all over the place and stayed awake until the lights turned off 9:30pm .
30kyclx.gif

girl : slammed 4 -5 small crickets , the wants out , put my hand near and she climbed straight on and made herself comfy, 5 minutes and she in the land of zzzz.
i2nlhi.gif

BTW I have removed the water dish , at least for overnight.

Last edited:
[MENTION=41275]kingofnobbys[/MENTION], I don't know about the normal Beardies but our pygmy's use to love having a shallow dish of water to climb into on hot days, don't know whether it was to cool off or if they were absorbing the water through their skin but it never caused them a problem. :) .....................Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back