PMs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL :lol:
It does too!!!
How silly!!
Can't help you there swmbo, but I wouldn't think that anyone is actually taking the time to read our PMs... Interesting link there Zo ;)

[quote="Shewhomustbeobeyed

I get the message but your choice of words leaves a lot to be desired, very infantile.
Thankyou for your quick response as for contacting moderators in the past I have found this to rather slow and as the admin was on line I directed my question to him. I aplogise for not following the chain of comand I was unaware ythere was one.[/quote]

sigh! It was done, as I said, as a result of users ignoring our warnings not to break the rules - in this case, promoting another similar site here on APS. Ok, maybe the wording could have been more diplomatic, but it was done in a light-hearted/joking way, and also reflects the childishness of what some people have said about our site in the Topsites ratings. I'll discuss changing it it with the other moderators.

As for PMing Slatey - he is not a moderator, by his choice, and has advised everyone of this on several occasions. PMing a moderator can result in a slow response at times, as we are not online 24/7 as we have jobs and lives! :) However, you can be assured that we will respond as soon as we get the message. I log on every night and every morning and sometimes at work (shhhh! Don't tell them!:)) and I always respond asap. I'm sure the other mods do the same.

Any queries/criticisms/questions that are site-related should be PM'd first - and wait for an answer - before bringing it up in the forums.

Hope that clears the air...

Slateman said:
It is not possible for mods or admin to change or see personal messages. Message can change only automaticaly by swear word filter.
You better to pm to your husband in clean language. :wink:

But seriously, there is no way we can see your pm or change them.

How droll but so very unamusing
No you cant see them but yes you can change them as stated by your mod.

Come on, SHMBO, he said it with a smiley, and it ws in response to your not-very-clear original query. We had no idea what was censored, and Slatey assumed (as most people would given your unclear question) that you had used bad language in your PM.

Your response is a bit unreasonable, I think. If you send someone a PM with certain swear words in it, they will be censored as well. As already stated, the word censor is site-specific. We can't exclude PM's from it. We don't change PM's, as Slatey said in his response - the system might, but only due to the above explanation. Can we let this go now?????

lutzd said:
[quote="Shewhomustbeobeyed

I get the message but your choice of words leaves a lot to be desired, very infantile.
Thankyou for your quick response as for contacting moderators in the past I have found this to rather slow and as the admin was on line I directed my question to him. I aplogise for not following the chain of comand I was unaware ythere was one.

sigh! It was done, as I said, as a result of users ignoring our warnings not to break the rules - in this case, promoting another similar site here on APS. Ok, maybe the wording could have been more diplomatic, but it was done in a light-hearted/joking way, and also reflects the childishness of what some people have said about our site in the Topsites ratings. I'll discuss changing it it with the other moderators.

As for PMing Slatey - he is not a moderator, by his choice, and has advised everyone of this on several occasions. PMing a moderator can result in a slow response at times, as we are not online 24/7 as we have jobs and lives! :) However, you can be assured that we will respond as soon as we get the message. I log on every night and every morning and sometimes at work (shhhh! Don't tell them!:)) and I always respond asap. I'm sure the other mods do the same.

Any queries/criticisms/questions that are site-related should be PM'd first - and wait for an answer - before bringing it up in the forums.

Hope that clears the air...[/quote]

Thanks
I did wait before I bought it up in the forums.
Looking forward to a change in the wording example Unacceptable Url would be good.

lutzd said:
Come on, SHMBO, he said it with a smiley, and it ws in response to your not-very-clear original query. We had no idea what was censored, and Slatey assumed (as most people would given your unclear question) that you had used bad language in your PM.

Your response is a bit unreasonable, I think. If you send someone a PM with certain swear words in it, they will be censored as well. As already stated, the word censor is site-specific. We can't exclude PM's from it. We don't change PM's, as Slatey said in his response - the system might, but only due to the above explanation. Can we let this go now?????

Yes we can let it go and as for unreasonable I was trying to be circumspect,
and as for no one changing anything some one pushed the buttons on the keyboard :) perhaps in future check what the software actually does to the system in its entirity before pushing the big red button :)
Just a question why doesnt this happen to other reptile forum links? this does tend to make it look like a direct attack on the other site.

Now even Zo's post has changed Didn't you copy something else Zoe? Seems that exposure has caused even the word filter to change

I've been edited!!! :shock: :lol:

In answer t your question, SWMBO, no-one from any other site has tried to promote their site here. Therefore their site is not in the word censor. OK????????? Enough already! I've got work to do! This thread is locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back