Poisonous snake loose in wollongong

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Se/2aph

Reaction score
Did anyone loose a poisonous snake around the cliff rd housing commision buildings in wollongong near belmore basin?

A resident's dog was bittin and died recently in that location.

That is a shame. Poor doggy. I will keep an eye out as I live really close to this area.
I guess now we understand what all those in remote parts of australia have to deal with on a daily basis.
Either way thanks for the heads up mate.

I'm sorry, why would there be any suspicion at all to start with that the snake was an escaped captive? *Venomous* snakes are native to that area.

People presume that snake are not present in some areas because they, having lived there for many many years, have never seen one.
It is assume by many of my neighbours that every red belly in our area must have escaped from me or that I release them there.
One bloke told me how he had played on the line as a kid and never seen anything. No bluetongues, no water skinks, no frogs and no snakes.
I would love to take the credit but its not mine to do so.

ps. wasn't there recently a snake that used toxins from its prey to render itself poisonous.

Really Peter, are people that ignorant of their surroundings? Unbelievable. My family has never had the first thing to do w reptiles, but they at least know that venomous snakes live in our area. And are venomous. Also, that whether they are poisonous is irrelevant unless you plan to bite it.

Really Peter, are people that ignorant of their surroundings? Unbelievable. My family has never had the first thing to do w reptiles, but they at least know that venomous snakes live in our area. And are venomous. Also, that whether they are poisonous is irrelevant unless you plan to bite it.

That's what I always say when people are looking at my pythons... THEM: "are they poisonous?" ME: "no you could eat them if you wanted too.."

Unless it was a taipan...then you could pretty well put your money on an escapee...

Ok does it really matter what wording i use? No helping ppl!! 'Venomous' snakes are native to wollongong yes but iv kived here ova 20 yrs and iv never come across or evem heard of natives living wild in a built up cbd!!
The reason i posted this in the first place was merely a heads up cause my mother inlaw lives in those units and my 3 kids play there regularly and even tho i have educated them on reptiles in general they still arent faster than a snake if within strike range.

People presume that snake are not present in some areas because they, having lived there for many many years, have never seen one.
It is assume by many of my neighbours that every red belly in our area must have escaped from me or that I release them there.
One bloke told me how he had played on the line as a kid and never seen anything. No bluetongues, no water skinks, no frogs and no snakes.
I would love to take the credit but its not mine to do so.

ps. wasn't there recently a snake that used toxins from its prey to render itself poisonous.

And people presume that this thread is serious. It appears to be a touch of a wind up. I smell shenanigans with a touch of bulldung:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back