Pondalowie Stumpy pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrNick

Reaction score
My girls found this chunky guy in the car park at Pondalowie Bay on the Lower Yorke Peninsula in SA. These guys are really coming out in force in this region at the moment and unfortunately there are plenty of 'road fatalities' this time of year. We also saw a number of elapids quickly retreating from the road as we approached.

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

Pondalowie bay:

DSC00427.jpg

Cool photos Doc. Not sure who looks more trouble, the girls or the stumpy!?! Looks like a lovely area...

Nice pics Nick, are your girls twins?

Good find and nice photos Nick.

I have been finding them by the dozens. Will be out herping later today as a matter of fact. No doubt I will see planty of Shinglebacks.

See anything else apart from the elapids and Stumpys?

What elapids did you see? There are plenty of Peninsula Browns (Pseudonaja inframacula) down that way, normally they are jet black.

Nice pics Nick, are your girls twins?

Yep, identamacle

Good find and nice photos Nick.

I have been finding them by the dozens. Will be out herping later today as a matter of fact. No doubt I will see planty of Shinglebacks.

See anything else apart from the elapids and Stumpys?

couple of beardies (one VEEERY flat) and some scorpions at the family house at Marion Bay

What elapids did you see? There are plenty of Peninsula Browns (Pseudonaja inframacula) down that way, normally they are jet black.

I'm not too good with snake ID's=> they 2-4 foot on average, tan brown and very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back