Pondering Thought

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilali

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is just a thought but I currently have two central beardies one 6m and one 9m female and male.

I was thinking of getting a third but want to hand raise it myself.

Do i

a) trade in both of my current ones and get three juvies to raise together

or

b) raise a youngster and introduce eventually

would u go another female?

Em

I don't have an answer for A or B (I don't know alot about Beardies), but I would go another female, more babies:)

if you want them to go all together you have no choice but a female and in that case if you want to be 100% its a girl you'll have to get a slightly older one anyway. do a search on dominance issues on the site, the problems associated woth housing breadies together long term has been discussed many times here

another female... the age sometimes isnt the problem...it the comparative size
the size between what you already have

ide go for a female...closer to the smaller ones size...
therefore you wont have 2 bigger ones... & making a dominant problem

feed all in a feed tank/tub.. separately
hand raising shouldnt also be a issue... 80% of vitticeps are trainable...especially the younger ones

hmmm,..tricky one,...

i say raise a youngster and introduce when theyre a similar size,i say female cos she'd be more likely to get along with everyone

i introduced a female to my 2 older females with no probs, but the youngest boy and girl just dont get along with anyone @ teh moment.
the boy cant even visit them, he just bites every one, the girl has decided its time to move up tphe food chain and bites everyone.

if ur 2 are living peacefully, mayybe just stick with them, theres no guarantee other combinations will work,...obviously ur other choice would be to try and if it doesnt work keep them seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back