Pondtite coverage?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leamos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you pondtite fans/users could tell me roughly how many litres of pondtite i'd need to seal the internal walls of a 4x2x2? probably 2 coats minimum cheers

A 1 litre tub usually does 2 coats on a 2x2 wall for me

Just to seal the internal walls or to cover rock wall over that area? I doubt you would use a litre if you're just sealing the inside walls.
And as Thomasssss said, I keep it thin and do at least 3 coats brushing in opposite directions each time.

according to the manufacturer website, Pondtite will take 1.3L to cover 2 square metres PER COAT. having done several large enclosures, i think they are being very overly conservative and maybe using the coloured product, which is substantially thicker

and from memory you should be laying down 3-4 coats for something that will be holding water, and the clear stuff is so economical and goes on so easy that i do 3 -4 coats anyway even just for sealing against 'splashing', just so i have 'room' to use a bit of sandpaper and knock off the shine.

I also mix a few handfuls of sand and pea size stones in with mine to add texture so it tends to go on pretty thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back