Pondtite Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeusy

Reaction score
Hey guys, just a few quick q's regarding pondtite.
Just wondering, if I were to pondtite tree limbs, would it make them completely waterproof? Like, will it leave a layer on the outside, completely preserving the inside and if I were to remove my branches and wash them down, the water wouldn't soak into the bark. Would I need to be gentle to prevent removing the bark or will the pondtite create a strong layer on the outside..

Im tossing up whether to use pondtite or put a layer of polyester resin over it. I was going to use resin on everything but it does go a brownish tinge once it cures and most likely ruin the colours on the fake rock wall. I could use both, pondtite for rock wall and resin for tree/branches but I'd prefer to just buy
one product if I can.

cheers all

You'll prob need at least 4 coats of pondite on the branches...however if there is still moisture in the wood it may turn the pondite layers a smokey white from the inside.
I'd also probably just wet wipe the branches clean rather than washing them down & leave them in the sun for a couple of days.
Also what type of wood are the branches?

Not sure. It has a fairly thick fibrous bark. Was trying to come up with way to make it easier to even just wipe down rather than wipe at the bark and get no where.

Pondtite will made wood water resistant but doesn't guarantee waterproofing. I have used it on branches with no problems.

I use a wire brush on my branches to remove flaking bark - used the angle grinder to remove sharp bits (adult coastal in mind ) then threw two layers of pondtite on it and yes it's smoother than a natural branch but I know he can't damage himself on it (he's now 5yo and heavy !! ) it wipes clean easily. I don't remove it . It's a permanent fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back