Poor twisted fellow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowmonkey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My dog was poking around the tank stand and when I went to see what she was after, I found this poor old bugger, looks like he's had a rough life, All the injuries looked old. I was in two minds what to do with him, It was able to walk, and seemed bright enough, in the end I decided any vet would probably euthanase it, so I just let it go in the front garden away form the dogs. The property is 8 acres with a plenty of trees around the house yard so I figured that it had survived well enough the way it was so best to let him be.

Attachments

• stuff 070.jpg
    stuff 070.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 271
  • stuff 069.jpg
    stuff 069.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 245
  • stuff 068.jpg
    stuff 068.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 213
Looks to me like its surviving just fine and has been for quite a while.Why did you feel the need to bring it inside for a photo session? Glad you let it go and I bet he is too.

Poor baby! Let's call him Twisty! I'm glad you let Twisty go again. Poor little sweetheart! Keep an eye out for him won't you?! I'd love to know that he's still surviving nicely later on down the track!

apart from the injuries, its a amzing little lizard. what type is it? im more of a snake guy :)

Looks to me like its surviving just fine and has been for quite a while.Why did you feel the need to bring it inside for a photo session? Glad you let it go and I bet he is too.

he said he found it next to the tank stand.... it was probably already inside.
awesome colours on him....what type of lizard is it? looks like a crazy coloured beardie, ive never seen them blue??

all in all the animal looks fine , it probably was born with the deformity or was attacked a a young age

its body condition is perfect all limbs intact and if he was hiding from the dog , it means he is alert enough to know when there are predators about

vet would have told you to take it back to where it was found

I think Twisty looks like he'd survive, never underestimate the ability of an animals survival! When I was in California we were working in along a stream and I came across an adult frog with a face deformity. The front of it's mouth was an extemely weird shape, I guess you could say the equivalant to a harelip. But this frog had obvioulsy grown like that and survived. '
Then there is also a magpie that used to live in my area years ago, it had half of the top mandible missing, yet I saw it in the area for years.

sorry guys been away.
Ramsayi, I bought him inside because I didnt want to leave him out in the back yard with the dogs, they have killed one before, and as I had to pass through the house i decided to check him out, I didnt know if the dogs had already had a go at him so I had him on the floor waiting for him to move so I could make sure he was capable and took the pics whilst I was waiting.

I think Twisty looks like he'd survive, never underestimate the ability of an animals survival! When I was in California we were working in along a stream and I came across an adult frog with a face deformity. The front of it's mouth was an extemely weird shape, I guess you could say the equivalant to a harelip. But this frog had obvioulsy grown like that and survived. '
Then there is also a magpie that used to live in my area years ago, it had half of the top mandible missing, yet I saw it in the area for years.

we found a magpie exacly like this! i live about 20k's from adelaide so mabey it was the same one, it seemed to be eating fine and we quickly let it go once we realised this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back