possible minor mbd, opinions ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillReptiles

Reaction score
hey guy ive had my beardie for about a year
hes eating fine, doing hes daily buisness, hot side 35 cold side about 20. i started to notice he wasnt using hes back legs at full potential
hes not draging them but he looks weaker from the hind legs he also has a lump on the base of hes tail on hes back
i got worried and went and bought a new uvb tube 10.0 just for safety and i noticed hes calcium was out of date for a year i didnt even realise it runs out of date and hes been eating it so i threw it away and bought a new one

any opinions on whether he will get better by eating better calcium becos i think thats what the problem was, he was fine before that
thanks, bill

I can't speak for the situation, but if there's a best before on the calcium, it's because there's vitamins in it as calcium itself can't go out of date. These vitamins will be oxidised over time, which, generally, makes them biologically inactive, but it shouldn't be harmful as the body's way of excreting vitamins from the body is oxidation. I'd look for other causes.

I don't much much experience with BD's but all I can say is if you are worred at al, get him to a Reptile Vet as soon as possible.

Also I would bump the hot side up to 40, 35 seems too low to me.

How old was the previous UVB globe?
35 sounds low for beardies what type of heating are you providing.
Can you post pictures of the enclosure that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back