Post shed Tucker?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wattso

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I offered monty a rat this evening after his shed today but he wasnt intrested at all. He hasnt eaten since july 18th. when we he start chowing again??? would have thought hed be hungry???? Anyone tell me what to expect or how to coax him?

Usually after a shed I find the girls (and Baby) are straight into it.
Tiffany has just eaten after cooling too, she was keen from the get go after her long fast.

What's his history?
What temps and photo-periods has he got?
What did he eat on July 18th? (I take it he wasn't cooled?)
How did you offer it to him? Any different to your normal routine?

Pop in some more details wattso, and I'm sure someone will pipe up with some hints...

Hi Nicole,
july18 he ate one lrg rat but refused the second
he usually eats 2 every 10-12days
he wasnt cooled
photo period has been 12 hrs all winter
temps gradient 30c down to abot 20 on floor
basking spot about33c
held it with tongs same as always
usually offer him food at night though , still light this arvo, maybe I should wait a few nights???/

he was allowed to hibernate last winter, maybe hes been tricked? thought norm temps and photoperiod would stop that though????????? i just thought it was due to impending shed. p.s. nite temps about 24c , been a few cool ones with lite on all night.

I'm glad you said that Meg.
Lots of ppl are talking about matings and gravid snakes while I'm thinking ....geez mine are still cooling.
Wattso, sometimes they will still go off their tucker in winter so nothing to worry about.

Strange winter alright one week it's 23c and sunny the next it's 8c and nearly bloody snowing. I can't handle it, QLD here i come. :)

Greebo said:
I'm glad you said that Meg.
Lots of ppl are talking about matings and gravid snakes while I'm thinking ....geez mine are still cooling.
Wattso, sometimes they will still go off their tucker in winter so nothing to worry about.

ooops greebs I am one of those guilty, few of my macs are gravid(though some are still mating and carpets etc breed later), but really even though we can try to emulate winter, has been said before, alot of them know exactly what time of year it is and just wont feed.

Thanks all, just thought Id add that hes been drinking plenty but hasnt P*ssed or crapped in two weeks or more! Forgot to mention it befor, so much to consider, im new at this!!
Is that normal, thinking to let him wander on the bathroom floor so hell increase metabolism and crap??? Anyway we all know its bloody Greebos fault! lol

has it sh!ted since it last ate what are its temperatures like check in its mouth my coastal had 2 bits of BC stuck in its mouth it kept its mouth open and wouldnt eat it shook its head and they came out then it had one and it swallowed it and it ater the mouse so check its mouth for BC or something

Not our bathroom floor we use carpet tiles lol .
Actually brenden he has just crapped a bit tonite, im about to clean the cage and will then offer another rat, will post updatwe later. Thanks all :D

nope, still not wanting rats, just cruising around. funny thing but, his tongue flicking 19 to the doz! dont that mean they are hunting?????

Hey wattso have you tried adult mice or day old chicks, or finches, or maybe even a rat or mouse pinkie perhaps monty is just bored of rats, my baritji's refuse to eat crikets now and thats what they were given by the previous owner

might try that brodie was thinkin nice juicy cat next door :twisted:

hmmmmmmmm cat stew :D Good Luck Wattso!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back