private messages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
To see my private messages i obviously have to log in, which i do, i see the message, i reply to the message.

When i submit the message it tells me i need to log in, which ive obviously done, but i do again anyway, then i get a blank page that says done, but the message isnt sent.

so i go 'back' 3 times (as in the back arrow), and hit submit reply again and it works,...

is everyone else having that problem too?
most other things are back to normal for me now,..just not that,...is there a setting i need to adjust in my control panels or something?

thanks, Chris. :)

Think the internet itself is the problem this happens to me on numerous other sites as well recently.

sometimes this site plays up a bit with so many people using it admins pretty well on top of it hasnt had any trouble for weeks now sometime internet servers can be very slow too

always happens to mine, i make a habit of copying the pm so i can just paste it again. If i have to log in again it usually says the server is too busy which is even more annoying.

sure is a pain in the backside, especially if i forget to copy before i send which happens from time to time,..doh, ya'd think i'd learn!!!!!
i get that occasionally too OzziePython, but mostly i can jsut go back back back,....

thanks for the replies! ;P

Are you clicking the "Remember Me" checkbox when you log in? I find this sorts out most sesssion/cookie related issues.

I am currently having the same problem and clicking the remember me button makes no difference.
Its takes 3 or 4 goes before I can get a message to go through and I get the same blank page and "done" message as posted above.

The only problem I have with PMs is that I can't add an attachment. ie no paperclip icon

I haven't had any problems with pm's but sometimes when I am writing a reply to a post I tells me that I am not authorised. I then have to copy sign out sign back in paste and then it lets me post. I have also tried to remember me tick and it doesn't make a difference at all. And yes when you get website busy it is very upsetting especially if what you want to say may help a herp in trouble. Otherwise the site is the best I have come accross I spend many an hour on here just reading and searching and looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back