problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgone

Reaction score
sup,now i have a bit of a problem.As some of u might know i got a 3 month old (7.8inches)male beardie,but now i want another.My problem is that this fella doesnt know the sex of these beardies because their only 6 weeks old and (5inches) and i want a female.I have another tank and it is 2ftx1ftx1ft (23gallons).If i was 2 by 2 of these beardies would it be ok to house them in this tank?(My male is in a 4ft tank so hes ok).Also how long until these beardies would out grow this tank.thanks

a 4ft tank will do 2 adult beardies,

You can house the 2 hatchlings together if they are the same size,any noticable size difference you will run into trouble as the larger will bite toes and the tail of the other dragon,

as for having 2 hatchling males together is ok till about 4 months of age then the will battle(very ugly).

they can be sexed as a hatchling by someone experienced we have a 90% sussex rate.

if you can get your hands on a good beardie at a reasonable price at the moment the go for it doesnt really matter what sex they are they are a fair way off breeding at that size anyway when they are ready you may be lucky enough to have one of each sex but if not there are always people willing to swap for good breeding stock.

Odds are you will need more then one male to get them to breed anyway so build up your stocks now and take it from there

Take care
Matt

thanks guys,im just gonna get the one but the worst thing is when i see them all i will want to buy them all lol,i had a long hard thi8nk about it aqnd decided to get just one.Idont have enough room in my enclosures for 3.Its yellow phase so it should look good.thanks

its not that i want a female for mating its just that they would get along more if it was m/f though if its male itll still be mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back