problem!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This moening when i woke up my new bredli hatchie was in te process of shedding its skin. When i was watching it noticed that it wasnt getting anywhere and that the skin seems to be stuck in front of the bulge(i fed herlast night) and this arvo when i got hame she hsnt made any progress! What should i do?

i had this problem a little while ago and i soaked the snake in liuke warm water then slowly rolled the old skin off,you might find it a bit hard to get it over the bump but i unrolled the first bit and made a rip in it and it came off just fine

hehe ether our snake experiences are almost going perfectly in sync... my coastal shed last night as well :) I'm a bit worried about my baby's shed as well (seems to be a rip/bit missing, lower jaw is missing (or maybe just tucked in) and don't know about the nostrils) but I'm going to get varanus to check it out tomorrow night for me...

another thing you could try ether is getting some rolled up damp newspaper and putting it in the cage (as suggested in another post, not sure which). It will increase the humidty and may help the snake get the skin off by itself..........need to be careful if you are going to soak in lukewarm water, that when u take the skin off you carefully roll it off and not pull it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back