Productive few days off work

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris212

Reaction score
I took a few days off this week, in between projects so nice time for some R&R. It's amazing how relaxing making this viv was, I am already thinking about another.

I was recently given a Eastern Blue Tongue from a guy getting out of the game altogether, and had been keeping the little guy in an outdoor enclosure.

I had some materials laying around so ended up knocking this up over the last 3 days, the only real cost was the damn glass which went in today and some mesh for the top.....I payed something like $84 for the glass because the lady just assumed I wanted it all with an arrised
edge. Oh I did buy the tiles for the floor and back wall, I think I only paid $4.95 for a box of 11 at Bunnings. I even hand made the vents!

I do have some progress pics on my cell phone but I left it in my work truck so the end results will have to suffice for now. The dimensions are 1250x600mm and it slopes from 600mm to 500mm with a glass panel opening top. I do want to make a fake rock background, and I probably should have built it into the viv, but I really just wanted to get the build finished first, so the tiles on the back are just there for some contrast really, plus they seem to hold in some heat.

Hopefully it will keep the little guy happy, he or she can spend some time between outside and inside.

Attachments

• NewBlue (1).JPG
    NewBlue (1).JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 84
  • NewBlue (3).JPG
    NewBlue (3).JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 93
  • NewBlue (5).JPG
    NewBlue (5).JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.