Public Liability

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you Danda? You certainly should start with your local insurance broker.

Personally I think you'd be better off looking at getting people (guardians etc) to sign a disclaimer in my humble opinion. The cost insurance companies want to charge for public liability is an absolute farce!

Speak to somebody with some legal knowledge about your options first! It might save you a stack of unnecessary annual expenses! - just an idea :wink:

peterjohnson64 said:
Where are you Danda? You certainly should start with your local insurance broker.

Hi Peter....I am in Tasmania and it is almost impossible to secure public liability here......I am only 1 of 4 individuals that is permited to import and also to conduct reptile displays....Have looked at local brokers with no luck so far.......cheers....Darron

moosenoose said:
Personally I think you'd be better off looking at getting people (guardians etc) to sign a disclaimer in my humble opinion. The cost insurance companies want to charge for public liability is an absolute farce!

Speak to somebody with some legal knowledge about your options first! It might save you a stack of unnecessary annual expenses! - just an idea :wink:

Hey Moosenoose.......According to our permit system here in Tassie I have to have public liability to do displays.......Have only had 1 quote come back so far which was huge expense......I conduct the Launceston Reptile Club as well as organise an Expo each year, so have disclaimers would be very difficult...I also do the occasional school and private displays so that would be easier to do...but would be just as easy to have a yearly cover for all shows....cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back