Pure black/white Imbricata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomster

Reaction score
:) catchy title might get ppl looking hey
Well i remember years ago when all the craze in WA was to have a true black/white southwestern carpet python, i am unsure if it still in fashion to own one of these beautiful snakes :)
I have had this guy for many years, and was one of the worst feeders to start of with, he is much better now but still has along way to being a big snake, for his age he is small. But i love him
Hope you like the photo, still getting used of my camera. taking ages for me :)

083.jpg

David Bloomfield

Definitely still in fashion if you ask me! Very nice mate.

I'm from the UK and from what I gather there aren't any imbricata outside of Oz (legally!) I'd love to get my hands on some of these. I've heard that imbricata have a "suture" in the nasal scale and that is how you can tell for definite that it is imbricata, is this true? If so, is the suture noticeable?

i have about 10 imbricata's..... i will do some research for you mate

Jim, they actually lack the partial suture at the posterior edge of the nasal scale. This suture or crease is seen in all carpet pythons except imbricata and metcalfei, though I have seen at least one metcalfei that lacked the suture. This charecter of scalation is considered to be diagnostic of imbricata.

Nick

Jim, they actually lack the partial suture at the posterior edge of the nasal scale. This suture or crease is seen in all carpet pythons except imbricata and metcalfei, though I have seen at least one metcalfei that lacked the suture. This charecter of scalation is considered to be diagnostic of imbricata.

Nick

Cheers Nick, trust me to get it the wrong way round!! I'll have to study some of my Carpets I think as I've never noticed a suture on the nasal scale (but then again I've never really looked!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back