Pygmy Bearded Dragon.......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parraforever

Reaction score
Afternoon All,
:)Just a bit of advice needed pl...
Have a 6 month old PBD, (menu) information sheet he came with states 3 crickets per day and fresh vegies/fuit and water till older , the readvise food intake . I have been doing this , recently advised ( another person) to feed all Fatso can eat in a 15 minute sitting . Now another reputable person has advised at his age to feed only every second day on crickets and or woodies so he does not become overweight ... He is thriving and eating vegies. Gets vitamins and calcium .
Anyone advise what is the best feeding method to follow.
Thanks
Fatso's owners
David ... Noelene

I'd feed what they want to eat in a sitting. You'll notice if they are getting overweight and cut back but being young they won't get overweight, they will put it towards growth. I'd feed every second day once they have reached maturity. Young ones eat like pigs til they are old enough to breed, then they eat like pigs to breed!

+ 1 to Manda1032, feed what he'll eat in a sitting. you can do this every day or every second day.

you soon learn when to change to every second day and how much to offer in a sitting too. I always cut back the amount based on the left overs

Thanks Manda, appreciate the advise . He's not fat , but growing quickly ...... So will continue to do as we have been doing .... he seems to be lovin the life he is living ..
:-}

Thanks ...appreciate your reply ..
Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back