Pygmy Mulga Monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shnimpon

Reaction score
just wanting to know sum info out em, cbf googling it.

stuff like

price range for a baby?
growth rate?
habitat?
food?
are they a common pet?
are they a good reptile to keep/watch?
and when will some be available that any1 would know of?

hoping sum1 here can help me out!!!

cheers!!!

just wanting to know sum info out em, cbf googling it.

stuff like

price range for a baby?
growth rate?
habitat?
food?
are they a common pet?
are they a good reptile to keep/watch?
and when will some be available that any1 would know of?

hoping sum1 here can help me out!!!

cheers!!!

Price varies from season to season. A few years ago they were well over $1,000 each for hatchlings, now they're usually $250 or less. They can grow to close to full size and breed within 12 months.

They're brilliant to keep and watch. Easy to look after, very active, inquisitive and often quite comical!

Hatchlings will be available from around December. You'll see some older animals pop up over the year, some might be worth buying, but unfortunately most adults for sale are either poached (these animals often don't do well in captivity) or are old clapped out breeders. Sometimes people have genuine reasons for selling good animals, so don't be put off, but if you don't buy hatchlings, be very careful.

I had an article on the species published in a fairly recent edition of Reptiles Australia Magazine (I think it was Volume 3 issue 1). If you're interested in the species, it might be worth getting your hands on a back issue.

Personal choices are just that. I personally have no interest in Beardies, they bore me to tears, but many people adore them (the difference between me and most Beardy lovers is that I'm not fussed about handling, which is the one thing Beardies are very good for). If you want a handling animal, don't get a goanna, for that matter, don't get a lizard. Get a dog or perhaps a cockatoo, maybe even a girlfriend.

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back