• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pygmy Python hatchling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to buy my first snake. I'm wanting a pygmy python hatchling. I'm located in Brisbane North side. Plz message me if you have one available. No rush, I can wait until new ones are hatched.
Thank you

Hi, I'm looking to buy my first snake. I'm wanting a pygmy python hatchling. I'm located in Brisbane North side. Plz message me if you have one available. No rush, I can wait until new ones are hatched.
Thank you
I would recommend against getting a pygmy python as your first snake - and especially a hatchie. They can be difficult to get feeding properly not only because they are reluctant to feed on rodents first up, but also because they are so small. Far better and in the same genus (antaresia) would be a stimson python/childrens python.

However, if you are not interested in getting anything else, for your sake and the snake's, ensure you read as much as you can about keeping them, and see if you can buddy up with someone who is experienced in keeping them.

Sorry, I can't help with sourcing any, though I have spotted a few on the go on FB. One I saw is going for $550. It's captive-bred, but in WA.

Last edited:
I would recommend against getting a pygmy python as your first snake - and especially a hatchie. They can be difficult to get feeding properly not only because they are reluctant to feed on rodents first up, but also because they are so small. Far better and in the same genus (antaresia) would be a stimson python/childrens python.

However, if you are not interested in getting anything else, for your sake and the snake's, ensure you read as much as you can about keeping them, and see if you can buddy up with someone who is experienced in keeping them.

Sorry, I can't help with sourcing any, though I have spotted a few on the go on FB. One I saw is going for $550. It's captive-bred, but in WA.

This is good advice. Other Antaresia look very similar and are only marginally larger but are much easier to work with, which is definitely what you want for a first snake.

Thank you for your advice. I've read a lot about them and have a good mentor.

Latest posts

Back