Python regurgitates family pet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if Stuart Douglas didn't constantly wrangle the poor thing for the media which he is so obviously addicted to, it would have quite easily digested its meal. Not that it needed to be kept in captivity to do that anyway...

Getting manhandled so soon after such a huge meal wouldnt have anything to do with it getting stressed, either.

Jonno beat me to it :lol:

That was my first thought too, poor snake...

And these are people that are supposed to know what they are doing with reptiles.... they should have known better than to handle the snake in such a manner and so often after a big meal

Cheers,
Ishka

Isn't two weeks a relatively long time for a snake to digest a meal? Would there have been much dog left to regurgitate after that length of time?

Sell the regurge on EBay - like the golf balls hahahahahaha :evil::evil::evil:

Maybe if Stuart Douglas didn't constantly wrangle the poor thing for the media which he is so obviously addicted to, it would have quite easily digested its meal. Not that it needed to be kept in captivity to do that anyway...

Agree, But they have blamed the power going off. Surely in Cairns at this time of year the temepratures would be okay anyway.

hate mail and wanting the snake killed is a bit extreme,..poor snakey. :(

I couldnt agree more mate.

LOL they still think its 5m long, i recon it would be lucky to be over 3.5m. Why they wouldnt just release it straight away is beyond me. Wouldnt it also be illegal to keep a snake for no reason or does their permit allow them to keep rescued snakes?

Agree, But they have blamed the power going off. Surely in Cairns at this time of year the temepratures would be okay anyway.

Temps are good here in cairns this time of the year mate

2 week old half digested dog would smell .. hmhmm CHUCK !!!!!!

I said when I saw the original story it would end up regurging it.
Kuranda would be quite cool at the moment, Cairns is lucky to hit 28-29C max's at the moment, Kuranda would be a few below that.
I didn't hear of any major power outages though, i don't think they had it on heat at all, it was also a very big meal for that sized (2.5-3m) snake.
It regurged only a few days after they got it, they held on to it for another week or so afterwards :roll:

Maybe they're just saying a power outage because they don't want to admit to stressing the snake so much. Also, does anyone know how the family reacted to learning that their dog was regurgitated?

~ notechistiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back