Python skin coat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Leather, Dave tanned some Carp skins. It makes avery tough leather. The mind boggles. Dammed Carp are/have taken over our waterways. Its a pity someone doesn't go into making leather for clothes out of Carp skins eh? Its very soft but tough,and has nice scaley patterns on it. Cheers Cheryl

:evil: That makes me so mad! It's the same mentality associated with those poachers who hunt elephants and rhinos! And I'm guessing it will be damn near impossible to slow up! Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Africa has had to hire ?bodyguards? for their rhinos & elephants as a means of protection - shoot to kill poachers on sight, if I not also mistaken.

"It is getting harder and harder," he said yesterday, "to find wild python because they are being over-harvested."

I hope they do cop a rat plague as a result of this! Sustainable harvesting could probably be seen as correct way to go about it, but the illegal trade in wild-caught animals will only send the ones trying to do it legitimately, broke. Also by making a song and dance about the fact that they make these items of clothing from these animals, it helps create a desirability to own something that is exclusive, thus upping the price, and along with that creating a surge in the supply. Nasty catch 22 situation IMO. Damn backward countries!
:x :evil:

Too good Moosey, but the Aussies should be doing it too? There is an endless supply of Carp here.Makes good yabby and shrimp bait, and Blue Swimmer Crabs love it too. But the leather trade should have a go at it too I reckon :D

Too good Moosey, but the Aussies should be doing it too?
Go for it Cheryl, why not you eh?.

I for one would wear a python skin jacket as long as it was produced from captive bred and reared pythons. I refuse to value one animal more than another, with the expection of feral animals that have been established in the wild due to humans.

I am against this like you all are, but the only good i can see in this is that all this fashion is O/S and cause of our Quarantine laws we can not import these fashions so hopefully the fashion market for this wont come to australia, even if it did i think it would be kicked to the kurb pretty fast.......and i'll give it the first boot ;)
(stupid bloody fashion mumble mumble mumble)

Yeah Bryony fashion has a lot to answer for thats for sure. Magpie - Dave hasn't the time to catch all the carp required. :lol: Also with me laid up with my fractured kneecap he is flat out every spare min he isn't working, in the Rodentranch. Poor baby :lol: We also have some beautiful ostrich skin hides.Used to farm em. What a mugs game that was. Bugga. money down the drain. We would like to do some value adding to the ostrich hides, but pretty expensive to get em made into anything here in Oz. Cheers Cheryl

Greg said:
instar said:
Maybe Eva Braun had the right idea, no shortage of skin !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
For those wonder who she was, she was Hitlers mistress, renown for making articles such as lampshades from human skin!

Actually it was Ilse Koch. She was the wife of the commandant of Buchenwald.

Greg.

I stand corrected, knew it was one of them, had a stab at Eva. eitherway
you get the point.
Fuscus, you reign supreme as the king of google!! :D

Alright. alright! If thats the way you feel! I love the natural feel of a good skin coat! It took me ages to buy this one! I got it off a dodgey online shop on the internet! Apparently one of the hardest animals to cultivate and a real must-have fashion accessory! :wink:

The advertisement read as follows:
This stylish, one piece coat is made of the hide of three highly sort african poachers! It's lovely embroidery will satisfy even the most disconcerted of buyers! Makes a lovely talking piece at dinner time and comes with a 20 yr warranty.

Great buying I reckon, for even half the price! :wink: :lol: :D

poachers.jpg

You're a card, Moosy! You should be dealt with! ;-)

How about you add these Snake skin boots. Owned by a friend who bought them o/s.
At 1st I was appalled, but the pattern is so good. - I admit it's a good looking pair of boots.
Whatever happened to the snakeskin suit. I've got a snakeskin top - hasn't everyone? (polyester species)

Em :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back