pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeth

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Do pythons need a day/night light cycle to reproduce readily?

not 100% sure i thinks its helpful to induce breeding but temp is more important, but still im not 100% sure!! cause im not a breeder...........yet

Day/night cycles matching the seasons would be important, you are trying to mimic the natural habitat. without correct photoperiod [hrs of light] snake will not know if its winter/autumn etc . temp and photoperiod as well as "cooling" are basic requirements of successful breeding.........so Im told! :D

I make no special effort to provide day/night for my pythons, i just leave the blinds open, that gives enough light for them to notice a change.
Temps are alot more important for breeding than light cycles.

I've never made any special effort with light cycles either. Even when breeding temperature is the main thing. Snakes do not require uv. Well I shouldn't say all snakes because there's always an exception to the rule, but for the most part anyway.

i suggest it would be advisable to have a cycle, can you live with constant light or darkness......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back