Question for all your new olive keepers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad that sounds ok, now I have to start putting money aside for it, and planning the re-arrangement of the hous eto fit it in.

..and yes I like the sounds of that get together. :D
Speaking of which, we might be round the hunter at easter time.. maybe we'll run into you round those parts graham?

BTW Clarice has settled considerably too. I'm hoping that she doesn't end up anything like junglesrus' olive! Still a little way to go, but I haven't seen much defensive behaviour for about 3 weeks now, she is still getting her deliberate handling every day except when she is being fed. On feeding, she is eating three rat pups every week and they only show a little. I think we'll be moving up a size very soon. What size and how many are Roy and Pris taking graham, and david, off finches yet? If so, how much does posseidon <sp?> get in one go?

olives.

hi everyone..
just thought i might add a little bit to this topic.

1 the book by gordy tore is right you will seldom see olives in trees. but that dosent mean they dont like to climb amongest rocks etc.
2 yes all olives enjoy a diet that has birds in it.. but they dont have to climb a tree to prey on birds. not all birds live in trees. olives in the wild like to frequent water holes , streams etc.. this is where birds of all sorts of species come to drink.
3 let common scence prevale :)
cheers paul.

Poseidon

Nicole, Poseidon is yet to have the pinkie/finch wing combo meal [would you like fries with that?]. Probably tonight or tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes. :?:

Nic

my guys (and girls - well Pris) are still settling in. One is in a hide and is into his shed phase havent seen him (or her) out for a while now (but I've peeked inside and there's movement there when I give a little blow. The other is regularly out and about and gets handled most evenings but is not interested in feeding. I tried the first weekend back just in case but as Paul said it will take them a few weeks to settle down. I tried again last weekend and still no interest (so Snap got an extra mouse). I'll keep offering each weekend till they are hungry enough to take food.

I weighed the one that's not shedding (still not sure which is which) and it hasn't lost any weight (only 76 grams at the moment).

Let me know where you'll be over Easter - maybe me and mine could have lunch with you and yours in one of those Hunter restaurants.

I'm sure they will eat when they are hungry, our babies look like they got a pretty good start in life :)

Re Easter - will do graham, sounds good! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back