Question on hybination?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering if, with pet snakes, do you need to force hybinate or dont they need to hybinate at all?

Excluding Diamond Pythons that are a year or older, you do not have to cool your snake over Winter. As with everything, this is also debatable.

You do need to cool them if you expect them to mate though, but i presume you're talking about your hatchy so this is irrelevant at this stage.

thanks heaps and yes i was talkin about Jebediah :wink:

Snake said:
Hi

I was just wondering if, with pet snakes, do you need to force hybinate or dont they need to hybinate at all?

australian snakes don't hybinate.

Australian reptiles generally don't hibernate, although in Tasmania it may well occur.
In this country brumation is probably more accurate, it's probably quite a fine line but they generally stay active to some degree during the winter months.

Yes a agree very few if any,(with the possible exception of a carpet population on south oz island-s, and the odd pocket of diamonds, oz pythons dont hibernate, they get a lot less active in moast ares but do not hibernate. A lot of wild populations, will even keep feeding thru the cooler months.

My diamonds remaim very active during winter brumation coming out almost every day to bask, they are in an outdoor aviary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back