Question Regarding Tank Temp For Beardie For New A Newb Lol

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HerveyBay

Reaction score

just a coupple of quick questions regarding heat

the set up i have is as follows

60/45/45 tank
40 cm appox uv 20 light
meduim heat rock the good one with inbuilt themostat
also a spot light running a 70w globe 30cm above the heat rock
runningng a temp in that area around 30-32 deg i put my hand in the tank it doesnt seem hot in hes food and water area running around 25-27 deg when all lights have been turned of and cools down its running 25 deg if this ok for him or should i run a brighter globe maybe 100w globe sits on top of mesh so he cant touch it
NOW I HAVE ALL THE LIGHTS off and have been for an hour current tank temp is 25 deg
im open to suggestions thanks everyone

what just a normal globe i have that now i just changed to a 100w and see what temp iget it to now i just put a frosted 100w globe about 30 cms abouve the rock

Spot light 40 will zone temp better...remember you are aiming for 36-38 degrees at head height...its for a beardy ..right?
and cool end (where vegies are at )should be around 20-23 during the day & at night the tank shouldnt get cooler than 16 for hatchie to juve age,water can be 2/3rds down the tank......... ...if thats your pick ...you have sand & that is great ,it retains the temp much better & with lights off at night will keep temp nicely at what you need.

Hi there, a lot of people on here are against heat rocks because the earlier models were dodgy. As to wether this holds true for the newer ones is debatable. Personally i had one for about 6 months without any drama at all. So wether you need to sell it is really up to you.

I've raised the question previously on here as to wether the newer ones are ok and got no negative responses at all. Personally i don't think one from a reputable reptile supplier would be a problem, it's the cheap ones i'd avoid. Lets face it some of the sponsors on here sell them so how bad can they be, unless they are selling dodgy products.

In my opinion if there was a problem with them surely the manufacturers would have rectified it as they have been available for years...

As for the light 100w in an enclosure that size will make it tricky to get a thermal gradient in there. You are better off getting a proper heat lamp from a pet shop as they will concentrate the heat on the basking area.

Ben

EDIT* Oh yeah and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

I have no problem with them....dont use them,ide rather them look for a height of heat source... as they would in their natural habitat.
In smaller ....under 3ft,tanks it sometimes doesnt allow for temp variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back