question???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elibum,
I reckon just persistance should get it to handle well. Me and inny got mine started at handling and now its a little dream to handle. Its a male coastal about 18 months old. You will get bitten a few times but they dont hurt, just like a little pinch here and there. You'll be fine and the snake will learn that you're not a threat and become very tame so handling in the future will be a pleasure for you.

I'm failing to see the problem - moving around is what snakes do!

Handling everyday may be excessive though.

It's not a cat...... I'm sure if snakes had a choice, they would rather never be held.

I reckon give it a couple of weeks rest then handle only twice a week if you must. If it crawls all over you, it's just being a snake, that's what snakes do. You can't train it to just sit there.

-Naomi

Thanks Teasherman.
Ill try that and hopefully itll calm down.

its not really a problem its just abit anoying but he has settled down latley and only wants to stay in my hand now but also the problem with him crawling around is for his own safety because he sometimes is crawling around my wrist and then accidently losses his grip but his tail is usuall in a secure area but i was just a bit worried if im holding dowstairs and he falls onto the cement and you get the pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back